International Falls City Council Meeting 10/18/21
City of International Falls – City Council Regular Meeting
5:30 P.M., Monday, October 18, 2021
Council Chamber, 600 Fourth Street
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE To THE FLAG
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVE AGENDA WITH ANY ADDITIONS/DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA (only by unanimous consent).
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the Monday, October 4, 2021 regular City Council meeting (Council action)
- Minutes of the Monday, October 11, 2021 Committee-of-the-Whole meeting (Council action)
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS AND APPROVAL FOR PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
1. Adopt Resolution No. -2021, Approving Transfers, Payment of Claims and Accounts Payable (Council action)
AUDIENCE — OPEN FORUM (The Open Forum is an opportunity for the audience to address the City Council on any matter not listed on the agenda. Please limit your comments to five minutes.)
OPENING BIDS (AND/OR OUOTES)
CONSENT AGENDA The Consent Agenda allows the City Council to take action on routine matters by one motion that shall not be debated and shall be adopted by unanimous vote of those present. Any individual Council member may remove an item from the Consent Agenda for discussion on the regular agenda. (Council action)
• Approve Patrol Officer Alexandria C. Steven’s separation from employment effective November 30, 2021
l. Consider purchasing a new air conditioning unit for the upstairs of the firehall- training room — Chief Adam Mannausau (Council action)
- Committee-of-the-Whole recommendations:
- Consider changing the licensure of the Water Plant from an “A” to a “B” with the MN
Department of Health, as the current process of the plant qualifies it as a ” Class B licensed
Plant” (Council action)
- Prohibit dressing Smokey Bear statue in seasonal or any other attire besides his traditional blue jeans, belt, buckle, and “campai$’ hat and the shovel in his hand, as outlined in the “Smokey Bear: Guidelines for consistency.” (Council action)
- Any other business.
REPORTS OF ALL BOARDS COMMITTEES AND DEPARTMENT HEADS
- Reports of the Administrator, Attorney, and Department Heads
- Police Monthly Report, September 2021 (Council information)
- Fire/EMS Monthly Report, September 2021 (Council infomelation)
- Building Official/Zoning Administrator/Safety Coordinator 3rd Quarter Report (Council information)
- Reports of the Mayor, Council Committees, Boards and Commissions
AUDIENCE – OPEN FORUM
, RELEASE: U.S. Senator Tina Smith: Biden to Plan to End Canadian Travel Restrictions
Good News for Hard-Hit Border Communities — October 13, 2021
• International Falls Public Library meeting information — October 13, 2021
1. Next regular City Council meeting is Monday, November 1, 2021 at 5:30 P.M.
Note: Matters inappropriate for consideration at the meeting or not in the order specified shall not be considered except l) with the unanimous consent of the members of the City Council, or 2) scheduled public hearings or bid lettings, but not before the time stated in the notice.
The City of Intemational Falls complies with the Americans with Disability Act. Individuals with disabilities requiring special aids should contact the City Administrator, 600 Fourth Street, International Falls, MN, 56649, 218-283-9484, at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.