Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Easily Avoidable this Winter
Ada, MN — There’s been an alarming number of incidents this winter related to Carbon Monoxide poisoning. 7 people were killed this week in South Moorhead as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, 8 people in Shakopee were hospitalized, and another group of individuals at an apartment complex in Fargo also became ill. Without a working carbon monoxide detector, it can be very difficult to discover until the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning start setting in, according to Ada Fire Chief Steve Petry.
There are number of things that can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Petry, but it usually all boils down to ventilation problems.
Unfortunately with many of the recent cases of carbon monoxide poisoning, they could have easily been prevented if there were working detectors in the home. Chief Petry strongly encourages homeowners and renters to make sure they are installed and working properly in your home.
That’s Ada Fire Chief Steve Petry.