Child Care Grants now available through Aitkin County
By Paul Vold firstname.lastname@example.org (2/15/22)
(Aitkin, MN) — Aitkin County recently announced they will be awarding grants to new and existing child care providers in an effort to increase the amount of child care slots and/or child care jobs within the business.
Grants must be used by eligible businesses in one of three categories:
- Category I: Grant awarded for existing Child Care facilities to assist them with physical equipment and infrastructure improvements
- Category II: Grant awarded for the purpose of aiding in training for assistant Child Care workers for their facilities.
- Category III: Grant awarded for aid in opening new facilities and/or licensing fees for new or start-up child child care facilities.
The following State criteria must be met for eligibility:
- The Child Care business must have a physical establishment in Aitkin County
- The Child Care business must have a current active license or in the process of completing the license.
For additional questions, be sure to contract Economic Development Coordinator Mark Jeffers by email.