Brainerd community invited to learn the vision for Highway 210
RELEASE FROM THE MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION:
BAXTER, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation, City of Brainerd and Crow Wing County invite the Brainerd community to view the early design plans and receive a project update for the future Highway 210/Washington Street improvement project on Wednesday, Aug. 31.
The project team is excited to share the future vision and the public is welcome to participate in any of these opportunities, which will cover the same information:
Meeting for the public
• When: Wednesday, Aug. 31, 4:30–6:30 p.m. Presentation at 5 p.m. Meet-and-greet will follow and guests will have an opportunity to view layouts, provide comments and speak with the project team.
• Where: Crow Wing County Land Services Building (lower level) at 322 Laurel Street, Brainerd. Note: facility is the largest for viewing the layout on tables.
Meeting for businesses
- When:Wednesday, Aug. 31, 7:30–9:30 a.m. Presentation at 7:30 a.m. with questions and answers. Meet-and-greet will follow in the meeting room.
- Where:Brainerd Lakes Chamber of Commerce at 224 W Washington Street, Brainerd. Seating is limited, email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot or you may sign up for an online option. Event hosted by the Chamber of Commerce.
Virtual for everyone
- When: Open online Aug. 22 to Sept. 12, 2022.
- Where: Visit MnDOT’s Highway 210 Brainerd webpage at mndot.gov/d3/projects/brainerd to launch the virtual open house.
The Brainerd community worked together in 2021 to study the corridor to better understand the needs, issues and use of the four-lane between Baxter Drive and Pine Shores Road. Public feedback, priorities and technical data gained remain key in the development of this future Highway 210 project that will:
- Reconstruct or resurface the road
- Reconstruct curbs, gutters, raised medians and storm sewers
- Update signal systems
- Remove signal systems at Fourth Avenue NE and Mill Avenue
- Realign and improve access at the Highway 210 and Highway 25/Mill Avenue, includes roundabouts
- Upgrade city utilities
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approaches and reconstruct/connect the Cuyuna Lakes Trail
- Update the Mississippi River Bridge
In fall 2022, MnDOT will obtain municipal consent with the City of Brainerd, then begin final engineer design plans. Construction is scheduled for 2026–2027.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all people in their programs, services and activities.
- If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or documents in an alternative format (such as braille, large print or in a different language) at no cost, please email your request to Janet Miller at ADArequest.email@example.com or call 651-366-4720. Relay service: 711.
- If you need any another reasonable accommodation to participate (such as seating modification or auxiliary aids), please email your request to Accessibility.DOT@state.mn.us or call 1-833-400-8432. Relay service: 711.